A duo of apps to help this non-profit coordinate better eye care for people in need around the world.
Back End Development / Dev Ops / Front End Development / Innovation Strategy / Mobile App Development / UX/UI Design / Web Application Development
SEE International is a global nonprofit that connects volunteer humanitarian eye surgeons with communities in need around the world. After redesigning and developing their website, we were invited to tackle one of the organization’s long-time wishlist items: applications to help coordinate care and document stories across volunteer medical staff at home and abroad.
Enabling volunteer medical staff to efficiently capture data about patients and procedures from the field, while helping the organization productize and scale program management across the globe.
Web app for organization staff to manage volunteer accounts, international partner clinics, programs, and patient records.
- Access images — with details — and other records shared by the volunteers on a program
- Manage and update forms, options, notifications, and other content that appears for volunteers in the mobile app
- Project manage programs and staff assignments
- See wholistic activity logs and basic cumulative stats across programs
- Sort, search, and filter various data
- Download zip folders of images and CSVs of patient records
Corresponding iOS and Android mobile apps for volunteer medical staff in the field.
- Create patient records to capture details of their eye surgeries/procedures
- Scan bar codes of supplies and link supplies (like cataracts lenses) to patient records
- Share photos from the program with the organization staff
- Access travel documents and key details about their program
- Switch between programs — past, present, future, and archived
- Offline functionality for use in remote locations with poor connectivity, with automatic syncing once back online